Catching Up, and Birthdays
Hello there. It's been a while.Well, it's been a week. But that feels like long enough to go without blogging. (Not that I've been totally gone - catch me every Wednesday and each weekend on Herd of Blog: Textual Confessions of Delicious Ambiguity.)
I've had a pretty good last few weeks. I haven't had much homework, so I'm now all caught up on my TV and actually find myself bored often. Bored, imagine that! I think last summer was the last time I was actually bored, and had nothing that I HAD to do.* So that's been pretty great. Unfortunately now I have to get ready for finals.
I'm slightly suspicious that one of my good friends has forgotten about my birthday, which is kind of hurtful and confusing. She's planning a party for one of my other friends, whose birthday is a few days after mine, but she hasn't mentioned mine at all. There isn't really anything I can do about it, though - it's not like I can say, "hey, what about my birthday?" She either remembers or she doesn't; I can deal either way.**
Fortune cookie!
The best mirror is often a good friend.
So, good friends, do I sound like a complaining bitch, or am I justified in feeling sad about my friend possibly forgetting my birthday?
Hopefully something more interesting to come later in the week.
Au revoir.
* Okay, technically I do have to do driver's ed. But then technically I don't HAVE to do it - I just have to do it to get my license.
** Or, well, I can pretend to deal.
2 quirky quips:
Ahhh. One of my friends forgot my birthday too. It stinks, right? But maybe she's planning a SURPRISE party. Shhh, don't spoil it! :P
You don't sound like a complaining bitch. You're completely justified in being hurt if a close friend forgets your birthday! But don't get too upset yet - just because your friend hasn't mentioned your birthday, doesn't mean your friend has forgotten it (at least I hope not).
Post a Comment