Friends
I'm getting totally out of the habit. I need to fix that.Anyhow, I've been thinking about friends lately, new ones and old ones and in between. I've never really been successful with long-term friendships. I still talk occasionally with some of the girls I've known since kindergarten, and I carried a lot of my elementary school friendships with me to middle school, but only a few of those still stand today. Eighth grade was basically a craptastic year for me friend-wise, which is pretty much why I started out hating school so much.
And now everything's changed a lot. I have a steady group of friends, and within that group, a few girls who I feel like I really connect with. But my mom said something to me recently about how hard it is to balance three-way friendships, and lately I've been seeing how true that is. The two girls I'm close with are also close with each other, which you'd think would be perfect, but it doesn't always work out perfectly. Just like sometimes a three-way call doesn't go through the first time.
So I had this really great group of friends here at home, and then school ended and I went across the country for three weeks. And while I was there I met another group of amazing people. My issue right now is balancing those. I have a bunch of people who leave right near me that I love a lot but are impossible to get a hold of, and a bunch of people who live across the country that I love a lot but can never see. Sometimes I think everything would be simpler if I was over 18 and had a car. Then I could drive to see my nearby friends and have an easier time seeing my far away ones.
And now I'm basically rambling. Ah well, that's what happens when I think too hard.
(:
1 quirky quips:
Aww, well I will always be in your life, Natasha. Muahahah.
(:
Post a Comment