Write Right?
I just clicked the "write a new note" on facebook, and out of the corner of my eye I swear it looked like "write a new novel." And then I panicked for a second. Does it know? I thought. How does it know I haven't worked on my story lately? I am so paranoid.But really. Is my subconscious trying to make me feel bad for sleeping in, playing battleship and pig for hours over skype, spending way too much time on farmville, doing my english homework, and basically altogether neglecting writing? My subconscious should know that I will write when I want to write. Right?
I honestly don't know how someone who's unpublished and has no motivation (well not no motivation, but you know what I mean) to move forward can get themselves to finish a book. I've never been so dedicated to characters or a plotline that I want to spend hours a day writing it out. How did JK Rowling finish Harry Potter when she could barely keep a job? And that's not a rhetorical question. Have you ever felt so committed to what you're writing that you HAVE to finish it at whatever costs?
And one more question: Have you ever had angel food cake, and how much do you LOVE it? I'm really craving some right now.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment