Making islands where no island should go
Emma and I just watched "Say Anything" and the scene where Lloyd teaches Diane to drive is one of my favorites because it reminds me of summer, not that that makes any sense. Today I went to my hum conference leader's office, which is in the basement of the oldest building on campus, in this dark corner with a window that's basically ground level so you can see people's shoes walking by, and right now it's nearly midnight but the guy with the really loud voice who lives on my floor is out in the hall talking to someone and I'm not annoyed so much at how loud he's being but at how he's breaking quiet hour. Like, go to bed, man.Early this week I read at Poetry Night and it was terrifying and it made me think about how many writers are out there who are other things first, like doctors or teachers or whatever, and could possibly be geniuses with amazing things to say, but just never get the chance or maybe just never say it.
I just said something to them. Was that rude? I'm sorry if that was rude. But they were talking about physics. Isn't there a certain point each night where it becomes too late to talk about physics? But maybe here there isn't. People never stop talking here. And most of it's interesting. But I don't like biology. I'm trying, really. But I'm just not sure that I can.
And on that note I'm going to talk to Michael for a few minutes and go to sleep and then wake up and begin my horrible 9-to-5 Friday.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment