Tore up like your baby blue jeans

Things I am not doing right now include:  sleeping, thinking about how much I miss my puppies, pushing back my comforter even though it's slightly too warm for it right now, putting away all that things that have accumulated on my desk in the last two days.  Today we went to Safeway and I did my laundry and we made Starry Night brownies and where else would I have met anyone who would've been willing to make Starry Night brownies with me?  It's really hard to get used to being here and I like it despite the fact that I expected too much from it and expected it to be a complete and total departure from high school, because it definitely isn't.  But it's really weird now to think about high school, because it really does feel like it was so long ago.  Even though it wasn't.  Does that make any sense?  Some days I feel like a little kid, and then on other days I can't believe how really really old I am.

I didn't call my parents today, for the first time in a few days, not even to tell them that I watched last week's "Doctor Who" or that I picked up my prescription or that we made Starry Night brownies.  I'm not even sure that my mom would care that we made Starry Night brownies.  She'd pretend to care, I guess.  Is that part of being a mom?

Oh, and:  I am going to the Jack's Mannequin concert.  As in, this is happening.  I am making this happen.    And what's bizarre to me is that I've met people who are legitimately interested in going not just because they like concerts or have never been to one (hi Emma) but because they appreciate music and talent and genius and smart people are just so refreshing after spending four years spending time surrounded by people who still sound out words when they read.  Obviously that's a hyperbole.  Mostly.

0 quirky quips: