Birthdays and Today

Hello. I seem to have adapted some kind of blog-once-a-week strategy. That seems to be working out alright, I think. Any opinions?

BIRTHDAYS

So as I mentioned before, Sunday was my birthday. I was woken up at about 9:30 by my friends standing in my room singing to me. I sat up, muttered, "you guys are insane," and threw a teddy bear at my mother's head. Then I was taken to Hof's Hut for breakfast without being allowed to get dressed.

Now I do have to say that it wasn't a total surprise - a few weeks before my mom had asked me if I wanted her to throw me a surprise party, to which I shrugged. Then she added a disclaimer: "I'm not the kind of person to do that." What I didn't know was that she was going to steal my phone and hack into my e-mail in order to contact my friends and arrange for them to assemble in my bedroom and kidnap me.

It was fun anyhow, although I was a bit annoyed that she hadn't arranged for me to be dressed during my kidnapping.

ERR... STRESS.

Last week I took a scantron test as an entrance exam for AP Language and Composition. The test was difficult, but I finished it in the time they gave us and it wasn't totally impossible. When the list of accepted people went up today, I basically expected to see my student number up there. Don't take that the wrong way, please - I'm not saying that I feel like I'm smarter than the rest of my class, or anything like that; I just felt like I did pretty well on the test. So I was really surprised that my number wasn't on the list, and the numbers of all of my friends were.

So basically I spent the morning texting my mother and stressing out about waiving into the class. At lunch I went to see my English teacher, who seemed confused that I hadn't been accepted, and promptly wrote the AP teachers an e-mail. A half-hour later, she was informed that due to an "oversight," my number had accidentally been omitted from the list.

Ultimately, a day of stress and feeling inadequate all due to someone's typo.

Gosh, I sound like a stuck-up asshole.

DFTBA.
:]

2 quirky quips:

Jess | June 16, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Happy belated birthday!
You don't sound stuck-up. :) In my school, we didn't have to take a test for AP English next year (I think ours is called Language and Composition, too). We just needed referrals from our current English teachers, and then we had to fill out a sheet with a few simple questions on it. I filled out everything and got a referral, but I'm still not completely sure if I'm taking AP English. I'm pretty sure I can handle the workload, I'm just not sure if I WANT to. We'll see. Congrats on getting in, and good luck with it!

Alison | June 17, 2009 at 7:05 AM

hahah you were all stressed out and Mrs. Erami was like "SHE COULD TEACH THE CLASS." You worry too much, bb. Enjoy the ride :)