EPIC SUMMER Event #3: Yale!
I briefly mentioned a few days back that I had an amazing three weeks at Yale, met lots of amazing people, and learned lots of amazing things, but I will now expand on that to give a better idea of why I deserted the online word for 21 days.At Yale, I took classes taught by college students who do not attend Yale but are intelligent nonetheless. Two of the classes, personal essay writing and film studies, lasted the entire three weeks, and I also took two mini-courses in city planning and famous musical scenes. I loved my two main courses, and while my mini-courses were a bit weird and kind of dumb, all the classes were overall a good experience.
I lived on Yale's Old Campus in a dorm for the entire time I was there, which was cool. Old Campus is basically a bunch of buildings around a quad and it was basically the home of the program. Everyday there were a bunch of activities going on on the quad, as well of groups of people just chilling.
The people were basically the highlight of the program. To give you an example of the diversity, my suitemates were from France, and there was also a girl in my living group from Belgium and one from Lebanon. And there were people from all over the country. I made some amazing friends.
Pictures, anyone? Probably more interesting than my yakking.
1 quirky quips:
I love Woody Allen! (Even if he is in wax form in the above pic)
Post a Comment