Summer Summary
In honor of the last Friday of summer (sad, I know), I'm making a list to chronicle everything I've done this summer. So here is the good, the bad, and the .In the past 9 weeks, I:
- Met Sarah Dessen, whom I believe to be one of the most grounded, realistic people out there.
- Met Chris Pine, whom I believe to basically smell better than any human being.
- Dyed my hair and was only slightly disappointed when no one noticed.
- Packed two gigantic suitcases and flew across the country, where I stuffed all that stuff into a room the size of a shoebox
- Made some amazing new friends, visited Harvard and Brown and New York City, and took a picture with a wax figure of Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Mourned the fact that I couldn't be at the Half-Blood Prince premier by sporting a nifty Potter scar on my forehead for the evening.
- Greatly extended my text messaging limit.
- Said goodbye to my awesome new friends and flew home.
- Finally saw Half-Blood Prince with all of my friends. Liked it.
- Saw Half-Blood Prince again with my mom. Better the first time.
- Went to a live PotterCast and my first ever Wrock show, which was a lot of fun.
- Saw The Fray and Jack's Mannequin in concert and fell in love with the whole concert atmosphere.
- Bought tickets for my friends and I to see Jason Mraz in concert in October.
- Got a pair of gladiator sandals I'd been eyeing for a while at a discount because my mom told the sales guy they were cheaper elsewhere and convinced him to mark the price down.
- Attended a 24-hour Relay for Life event to support the American Cancer Society. Didn't stay all 24 hours.
- Hung out with my friends at the park, where I took some pictures I'm really proud of.
- Made the conscious decision (I've always been interested) to learn more about photography.
- Spent 5 very painful days in San Francisco, during which time I was constantly annoyed at my sister for not at least pretending to enjoy the trip, bugged that my mom let my sister come in the first place, and stressed about the college application process after visiting two schools, neither of which I want to attend.
- Played with my little cousins and informed my aunt that I've never seen "Sixteen Candles."
- Wrote a lot of letters to my faraway friends.
- Procrastinated my summer homework.
- Attempted to begin my summer homework. Realized it would take longer than an hour. Recommenced procrastinating.
- Buckled down to actually work on my summer homework. Complained about it a lot.
- Saw "(500) Days of Summer" and loved it. A lot.
- Developed a love for Hall & Oates' "You Make My Dreams."
- Saw "(500) Days of Summer" again and loved it still.
- Bought 3 SAT books. Worked on them for about 10 minutes. Left them open on the dining room table.
- Worked a bit on my "novel." Brainstormed. Took a very long and indefinite break.
- Conferred with my mother about colleges. Fifteen books did not help very much.
- Received a copy of "Sixteen Candles" in the mail.
- Registered for school, at which time I received my class schedule and locker.
- Ate way too much ice cream, although not all in one sitting.
- Realized just how much time differences suck.
- Read not nearly enough.
- Bought way too many t-shirts.
- Got into a faux-argument with a friend on facebook over the merits of Led Zepplin, including the hairstyles of the band members and Robert Plant's thing for JRR Tolkien.
- Listened to "Vanilla Twilight" by Owl City 14 times in a 14-hour period.
- Waited patiently for the mailman. Was disappointed when he didn't bring me any mail.
- Watched the Wizards of Waverly Place movie. Possibly teared up at the end.
- Made a very long list to explain how much fun I had this summer and convey just how much I do not want this school year to begin.
I'd like 6 more weeks of summer, Mr. Groundhog. Are you guys ready for the school year to begin? Hope you all enjoy your last weekend, if you haven't gone back already. And tell me, how was your summer?
(:
2 quirky quips:
I also possibly teared up at the end of the Wizards of Waverly Place movie. And by possibly, I mean definitely, haha. Have you heard Selena Gomez's new song, Falling Down? I love it, and the music video, and Selena Gomez in general.
I just saw your comment on my blog and I'm attempting to explain to you how my school works. I never thought it was confusing until I had to explain to someone else, haha.
Anyway, it sounds like you had one awesome summer, and I'm happy for you. (500) Days of Summer is my new favorite movie. It's just so incredibly creative and amazing, you know? I love it. So now that you have Sixteen Candles, you've watched it, right? Right? If not, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! It's such a good movie. Go watch it!
My summer wasn't as summery as I wanted it to be, but it was still pretty good. I'll have to start visiting colleges soon, which is exciting. I definitely want to go to an art college (preferably Columbia in Chicago) because I want that kind of atmosphere. I think it'll be fun researching all of the potential art colleges I could go to, and then visiting them, but maybe that's just me. Anything involving art/creativity excites me. :)
I hope you enjoy your last few days of summer.
Jess
Natasha, I really like your summary of your summer! Can I copy the idea and create my own summary of my summer?! :D
Post a Comment