Run whirlwind run further and further away into the sun

My eyes hurt from my contacts and it really doesn't make any sense until I think about it, because I should be able to wear them all day, but if I wear them til 9 pm then that's more than a 12-hour day and I don't really think they're meant for that.  This evening after dinner I took my Sons and Lovers book, which has characters that I hate more than I've ever hated any characters ever, into the living room and read on the couch there, because even though the lights buzz and the windows look out on the street and I'm afraid of passers-by looking spying on me, every time I try to read on my bed I start to fall asleep.  My plant, Ginny VI or whatever number I'm on now, has grown really huge and now I think it's too heavy to stand up on its own, because no matter how much water I give it (and no I'm not overwatering it) it just keeps drooping down over the edge of the pot.  It's like Paul Morel, and it'll never be happy because its heart is too heavy because it's carrying the weight of others and doesn't know how to stop caring about itself so much so it can be happy.  That doesn't make any sense.

I'm reading The Once and Future King because I think King Arthur is someone who I should know a lot about, as I'm becoming one of those people who has something to say about every single book ever, despite not having read any of them.  I really really like it so far, because it's light and delightful and cute and also feels like it contains all the answers to every problem I've ever had and will have.  I wish I could write like that.   

0 quirky quips: