Brain Explosions

I've been trying to put off blogging until after the AP on Thursday so as to not distract myself, but since I'm not doing much studying right now anyway, it can't hurt. This may sound weird, but I'm more worried about the logistics of the test, like not bringing enough pencils, and my cell phone getting stolen when I leave it in my locker, than I am about the actual test.

I honestly feel like my head is getting bigger as I try and cram more and more knowledge into it - come Friday, everything world history related is getting thrown out. I don't know what good studying is going to do me right now. It's all little things that I can't remember, so even if I look all of them up right now, the chances of remembering all of them are pretty slim. I'm kind of to the point where I know what I know, and if I don't know it then I don't know it.

Plus we have state testing starting Thursday, so I'm missing the first bit of it. Meanwhile all of our teachers are trying to reteach everything they (attempted to) teach us during the year. No one is motivated to do well, though, becase the state tests don't do anything for us; they just make the school look good and earn money from Schwartzeneggar. I guess that's only good in the long run if it means they'll not have to cut as many teachers.

So basically I'm trying to retain everything I know about the history of the world, plus relearning everything I partly learned in geometry and chemistry this year. There's also french vocab to memorize and things to read for English and a LINK crew application to fill out, on which I have to articulate a reasonable answer to the question, "how do you view your role as a mentor to the incoming freshman class of 2013?" Would it be too blunt if I said that my role as a mentor to the freshman class of 2013 was a stepping stone to college?

This had better pay off in college. Or at least after college, when I get a good paying job and win a Nobel prize and marry the man of my dreams, who happens to resemble Milo Ventimiglia and has the voice of Landon Pigg, with a dash of Green-esque nerdiness thrown into the mix.

0 quirky quips: