A Journey to Dream World to Visit the Crazies
I just went to type that title in and realized there's no number for today. That's kind of sad. And kind of not. I kind of don't want to blog today just because I know I don't have to.Anyhow. I had a very weird dream last night that I think needs to be analyzed.
THIS IS WHERE THE PICTURE FADES AWAY AND WE GO TO DREAM WORLD.
I'm sitting in French class, where my English teacher is explaining a very complicated chart that's drawn on the whiteboard. She's telling us about how to organize our 20-page reports on Stalin and Hitler. There's a girl sitting in the front row who's my sort-of friend. She's fallen asleep, and my English teacher notices. My English teacher wakes her up and starts to yell at her, but then suddenly she turns into my world history teacher. My history teacher doesn't yell a lot; he's one of those silent mad people. So he takes a notebook from a boy sitting next to sleepy girl and gives it to sleepy girl to take notes in. This notebook is yellow, and it looks strangely like the notebook I've been writing in lately.
Then, suddenly, the scene changes and we're in a park. My history teacher passes back our chemistry labs and begins to explain to us his system of smiley faces and un-happy faces and what they mean for our grades. Then I notice a person getting into a car down the street from the park. I look closer, and it's Hank Green. So I point. "Look, it's Hank!"
Ellie screams and jumps up and down as Hank pulls around the corner. She runs toward the car and he pulls over.* He gets out and Ellie says, "you're my favorite! Can I take a picture with you?" Ellie pulls out her cell phone and hands it to our friend Sharon and then the two of us and our other friend Taylor surround Hank.** After Sharon takes the picture, I pull my phone out of my pocket so I can get a picture on it as well. But whenever I hit a button, a picture of Hello Kitty comes up. I'm getting really frustrated, so Hank reaches out to touch me on the shoulder to console me or something. I notice that he has really ladylike fingers.***
Then I woke up.
Obviously the first part of this dream shows how stressed I am with school. I apparently can't keep it straight. I don't know what this has to do with Hank. Maybe it's my subconscious expressing my desire to be watching the vlogbrothers 24/7. It's also a confirmation of the fact that I like Hank more than John - but I like John too. I can't make up my mind, so my dream did it for me, I suppose.****
FUNNY THINGS I HEARD AT SCHOOL THIS WEEK
"I, like, met this boy, only then he was in handcuffs."
- Girl walking near me yesterday when I crossed the street to meet my mom to go to the eye doctor.
"And then she was like, 'I have this habit of turning girls into lesbians,' and I was like, 'Okay, backing away now. Not gonna happen.'"
- Girl in my math class having a discussion about a senior with some other girls.
"Your bag has swine flu. It's from the wind."
- My friend Michael Kang telling me that my bag has swine flu.
This picture.*****
Steven with a cake carrier. He had it on his head right before I took this picture. In a comment on facebook, my friend Erin said, "I'm digging the helmet... were you afraid of bird poop or something?" to which Steven responded, "yes."
WEEKEND
Practice test for the AP exam tomorrow morning, then Sharon and Ellie (and Steven?) and I are going to work on our take-home tests together. Then Sunday is homework day. And study day. And day-for-hopefully-catching-up-on-sleep.
Au revoir.
* Really? Who pulls over when screaming girls are running toward their car?
** Hank never agreed to this picture. Fangirls are unstoppable.
*** I really have no idea what this can possibly mean. The only thing I can think of was that at this point my mom was shaking me to get me up.
**** That doesn't make any sense.
***** Yes, technically I didn't hear it. But I took it. That still counts.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment