Complaining as a Homework Avoidance Technique
I really should not be blogging right now. I've had to hold myself from blogging for the past few days, because after blogging so much during April, it was pretty much natural instinct to want to sit down and blog. But I didn't. Nor, unfortunately, did I do much studying. Instead, I watched JONAS, and a new episode of Hannah Montana, and a new episode of Wizards of Waverly Place, and a new episode of Sonny With a Chance. Now I have 9 days to read a zillion pages in my review book, internalize all that information, and somehow mentally prepare myself to survive a 4 hour test.Meanwhile, the pile on my desk is growing larger by the day and is now overflowing onto my dresser. I have 2 framed posters leaning on my wall and bed that are ready to hang up and have been for the past 2 months, but my dad just left for Spain for 10 days and they're now going to be stuck in their current positions until he returns. I have about 6 hours of Chuck to watch and 7 hours of Pottercast to listen to. I've actually been writing the last few days and not totally hating it when I reread it, and now it's going to be ignored until I get through my AP exam.
May 15th (the day after the AP test) is going to be quite a day, let me tell you. No matter that it's a school day; when the bell rings at 2:30, I'm free. I'm going to come home, watch "10 Things I Hate About You" about 12 times while eating ice cream, and finally paint my nails like I've been wanting to for weeks. I'm going to dance around to my wrock playlist for hours and reread Harry Potter and sleep. A lot.
The sad thing is, I know I could make time to paint my nails or watch Chuck or listen to Pottercast if I really wanted to. Instead I make time for blogging - or rather, I push other things out of the way so I can blog. I'm doing it right now - I have 2 different books and 3 different writing untensils on the desk in front of me, and yet here I am, blogging.
Ah, well. History will still be here tomorrow.
Oh, hey! You can follow me on twitter! Yet another way to waste my time!
1 quirky quips:
Hi! It's Jess (BEDA buddy).
Don't you just LOVE the last month of school? Yeah, I don't either.
I've been putting off blogging, partly because I have little to blog about, and partly because I've been busy with schoolwork. Luckily, we just upgraded our TV service thing and now I can finally record all the shows I don't have time to watch. Yay!
I plan on making time to re-enter the blogosphere tomorrow, so I bid you adieu until then.
Post a Comment