Haiku Fail?

I'm going to blog
With haikus today. So please
enjoy it, it's hard.

That's five, seven, five,
in case you do not know, but
it won't rhyme - no time.

Sorry, I'm no Poe.
Not like Mr. Will Shakespeare.
We'll see how I do.

Wednesday*: Went to school.
State testing equals sad face.
Can't wait for summer.

90210**
Cried last night, Ade, Annie too.
I know it's not real.

But it's tough to watch
When it feels all too real. Know
What I mean, surely?

That's why we connect
With Harry Potter, Star Trek,
High School Musical.

We enjoy seeing
Others struggle with problems
That we have sometimes.

When it's not real it
Turns out alright in the end.
Too bad life does not.

Don't want to end on
A sad note, so here's a joke.
What's black and white and

And more than five words?
Any joke with a punch line.
Ah, well. One more try.

How many sophomores
Does it take to write a bunch
Of haikus and put

Them together to
Make a blog post? There, that's it,
That's the joke. Sorry.

Seems I'd better stick
To full-length posts from now on.
Twitter's hard enough.

Oh well, there's still Hank
Or John if you need a laugh.
Nanny nanny rich

Kid, FUNNY DOG! gets
Me every time. Oops, this has
Turned into an ode

To the VlogBrothers.
Don't worry, Maureen, you're cool
Too. Thanks for BEDA.***

Hope I didn't bore
You to sleep with my attempts
To write in new ways.

With that, good bye. Five,
Seven, five - not as easy
As it sounds. You try.

* I know it's not spelled
as five syllables but you
just have to say it.

** Numbers count as words.
They have sounds when you read them.
Just make lines look short.

*** Pronounced bee-da, in
case you were wondering. The
line still works MONKEY.

2 quirky quips:

Missy | May 20, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Haha wow. That sounded hard. Very nice!

Jess | May 20, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Hahaha, I really liked that! I love haikus, and this was very entertaining.