Very long post on houses that makes me sound like a spoiled brat.
Okay, so it's official. My parents are selling our house.Well, technically, it's not our house. We're not living in it - we moved a year ago - but I lived in it for the first full 14 years of my life there. Then randomly last year my dad decided he wanted a bigger house, he found one, he bought it, and we moved. Moving was a big deal for me - like, a really big deal. I pretty much talked about it constantly and stressed about it constantly and drove my friends insane talking about it.
And then my parents decided not to sell our old house, but to rent it instead. The current renters (they're the second family to live their in the past year) are moving out soon, and my parents' friends' daughter and her husband want to buy it. They'll be in it by the end of the summer, depending on when the current renters move out and how things go with the realtor and such.
The couple moving in has a little baby, and when my mom saw them today she volunteered me to babysit. I don't know why she doesn't understand that this is hard for me. I don't even know why this is hard for me. It shouldn't be; it's just a house, and the one I live in now is a lot bigger and a lot nicer and it smells better. But I still have trouble telling people that I like it whenever they ask me about it. I have trouble accepting the fact that selling a house is a business deal, with a product and a seller and a buyer. They put a price on it - they put a price on the house, the home, where I lived for 14 years.
I had my 12th birthday party in that house. I had my 1st birthday in that house, now that I think about it. I dyed my hair for the first time in that house, and I set off the fire alarm in that house and made the fire department come, and in that house my sister slid down the sofa and hit her face on the coffee table and had to go to the ER.
I shouldn't be having any trouble with this. When I thought about all the things that have changed since we moved into our new house, I realized that none of the friends I have now have ever actually been in my old house (with the exception of one). They know my house as my new house, which kind of makes me sad. Whenever I have dreams about that involve a kitchen or a bedroom or a backyard, I'm always in my old house.
Oh, god. I'm depressing myself. And I bet I sound like a total spoiled brat right now - I move to a big house and hate it. I'm like something off of "My Super Sweet Sixteen."
I'm sorry. I love you all.
Here's something funny that happened to me today: At the AP study session this morning, we were all talking about what we got on our final yesterday. Nathen says, "the test was hard" and then this weird kid says, "that's what she said." And it wasn't funny. And so we didn't laugh.
Okay, sorry, that wasn't funny.
But this is funny.
:\
1 quirky quips:
pahahah who made the that's what she said joke? And should I ask how you fared on said test? I'll come out and proudly say I got a solid C xD
Post a Comment