And boys soldier on

Sometimes words play themselves over and over in my head in these rhythms that I've never heard before but seem so familiar, and I can't get them out and I can't write them down because I'm not sure what they are but still I have this compulsion to write now right now and do nothing else until I've done that.  I've got dozens of blank journals and a nearly infinite supply of hard drive space but I don't have a story to tell and I think that's the biggest problem. 

The rain hasn't let up in days and right now I've got the hiccups and this evening I took a nap on the couch while my dad was watching the news, which is really just the weather report, rain rain rain, over and over again.  I've got no plans for the rest of the week so I can get everything done that I need to get done but instead all that time to do with what I wish making me feel energized I just feel sluggish.  I want to sleep, sleep, sleep, and somehow it's nearly 11 at night and I'm not sleeping and now I have this sudden longing in my stomach for "The OC." 

0 quirky quips: