No expression no expression
It's nearly eleven and I'm wearing my mom's old law school sweatshirt and a pair of pink pj pants and I'm cold as usual, but tomorrow I'm going to sleep in. This afternoon my sister had a camp reunion in LA so my mom and I spent four hours at this mall that has a zillion escalators, and I bought a sweater and a thermal and a jacket and every time I look at clother now I'm either thinking of being warm or of winter formal.It's been raining all day today, and that's really the only sign of winter so far as I can tell. I drank a hot chocolate tonight even though I wasn't very cold because it seemed wrong to order a cold drink at Starbucks as the cold rain poured down outside. My mom did anyway though. While she was ordering, I looked up at the wall, where there was a mural of Eliot and Twain and Dickinson sitting in a cafe drinking tea and writing novels and, as I imagine, discussing all the wonders of the world. I think it's so peculiar what parts of my day I remember and what parts I forget. Sometimes nothing seems momentous and sometimes everything does, and it really all only lasts a minute.
There's a voice in the back of my head telling me I wrote nearly that same sentence yesterday, but it doesn't matter because it's that same voice that won't let these thoughts go.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment