Maybe you had her, maybe you lost her to another
There's a guy at school who looks exactly like Sid, beanie and squarish nerdy glasses and ironic t-shirts, only he's a redhead. But he's still Sid to me and every time I see him I can't help but wonder what he's thinking, and I can't help but romanticize it and think that he's thinking wonderful thoughts. I have this habit of rooting for the underdogs and the quiet ones, always, because they're the ones that you can't ever read, the ones that are probably thinking the most amazing things that the rest of us could never even understand. A part of me wishes I knew Redheaded Sid, so I could find out what's inside his head, but then there's a part of me that likes that I'll probably never know him, because he might cuss a lot at inappropriate times or he might hate the Beatles or he might smoke, or whatever. He might be someone not at all like who I imagine him to be.Tomorrow is Wednesday, which is halfway through the first week of break. I'm not sure of the date exactly, or how many days there are until Christmas, because I don't keep track of that and don't really care. It's still raining and all the days look the same and I actually sort of miss the sun, but I want it to stay like this forever.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment