She hid around corners and she hid under beds
Today I had the words "trace us back trace us back" stuck in my head, which is a lyric from "Hysteric" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but of course when I couldn't get it out of my head I didn't know that, so I wrote it on the fingers of my left hand and traced all the veins on my palm in pen. I sat doing nothing in most of my classes today and I was out of paper and so I traced the veins on my palm in black pen and then in red pen. I'm now listening to Florence + the Machine, and I think the lyrics are pure poetry, and I made nearly 200 cookies tonight and so all the scribbles on my hand have washed away. At some point today, maybe in Euro while I was doing nothing or in photo while I was doing nothing or maybe in econ, I considered getting a tattoo, having my favorite words, lyrics with me all the time, a part of me.But of course my favorite words change all the time and so I couldn't commit myself to something so permanent. I can't commit myself to anything, really. Tomorrow is Friday and it's the last day before break, which I'm so excited for, because I miss not waking up at 6 AM and not sitting in econ surrounded by idiots for an hour a day and not being behind on "The Vampire Diaries." I'm going to San Francisco in a two weeks to go to a special exhibit of Impressionist paintings, and I'm going to buy a winter formal dress, and I'm going to finish my college apps and sleep a lot and watch "Skins" and write and enjoy the weather and pretend that the two weeks aren't going to end.
I wish I was better at living in the moment.
1 quirky quips:
I agree about Florence + The Machine. I'm having an intense love affair with her music.
Post a Comment