Lazy Sunday

G'day.

Michael: i never get something at restaurants that i can make..
Michael: HAHAH
Michael: and a grill cheese ma'm is preteen cooking 101
Me: yeah thats what my dad said
Me: but i like grilled cheeses
Michael: hmmm ur such a girl
Michael: niavety
Michael: and so esoteric
Michael: AHHAH
Me: esoteric is a good thing
Michael: oh
Michael: well it sounds bad


Last night I picked up my guitar for the first time. I spent about two hours with two different tuners tuning it, and I'm not totally sure if it's in tune, but I guess it doesn't have to be perfect. Then I watched some videos on fingering and frets and vocabulary and things like that. Alison explained chord charts to me and helped me with a c major. But it still sounds - off to me. Maybe my ears are just off? Anyhow, now I'm watching Greg Holden videos (I really do love him) and watching his fingering as he plays. The whole concept of changing chords while you're playing sort of mystifies me. Hopefully that will become clearer eventually?



Oh, Julia Nunes, why must you come to LA on a Thursday?

Today was a pretty lazy day. After the craziness of cookie baking yesterday, I slept in until around 11:30 then just lazed around the house for a while. Later on I watched "Say Anything," which I'd never seen before and really loved, then I went out to dinner with my dad. I love these quiet evenings where I don't have anything I have to do. Not having school tomorrow has just put me in such a great mood.

I really should repaint my nails.

2 quirky quips:

Anonymous | December 20, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Yeah! Guitar! It takes some practicing before it sounds right but it'll get there! The internet really helps for tabs, chord charts and anything you don't understand.

I LOVELOVELOVE Greg Holden! His voice is amazing. I also love Julia Nunes! If you haven't, you should look up Wade Johnston. He's awesome too.

Alison | December 20, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Oh, michael. haha.

Explaining guitar over skype without a guitar is quite a challenge, lol.