Portland and things
Merry Christmas and such. I got home from Portland earlier this evening. My mom and I landed at the airport and I called my dad from baggage claim. He and my sister weren't even at the airport yet so my mom and I stood around for a while. Then my dad, when he arrived, got very tense. He has no patience for bad drivers or stupid people or stupid bad drivers.I really liked Portland. It was really cold, but I can get used to weather, I guess. I could totally see Powell's becoming my second home. And the people - everyone we met or ran into or bought anything from was just so NICE. I'm not sure I can even really explain that - it was just, like, hi how are you how's your day going can I do anything else for you? And apparently the entire state of Oregon has no sales tax. That's kind of exciting to someone who loves to shop.
As far as the two schools that we saw go - I liked Reed better than Lewis & Clark, but I'm not sure if I liked it enough to want to go there for four years. God, I'm so indecisive. I wish I could just skip college, wake up one morning and have a job and a life and everything.
Othernews: SAT scores gahhhhh. Stupid math. If it were higher I'd be fine. But with that score the way it is right now - college, at least where I'm looking, is a bit of a stretch. Also my nails are really long right now. But I've sort of traded biting them for picking at my cuticles constantly, so those are in a horrible state. Ah, well.
This made me amazingly happy.
Happy holidays. :)
2 quirky quips:
come to maryland!
i'm glad you liked portland!
delaware has no sales tax either. if you pay $1 for a 99cent item, you get a penny back.
Post a Comment