Quiet but I'm sure there's something here

My hair is dripping dripping dripping on my keyboard and I like the noise of the keys as I'm typing typing typing.  I like repeating words, they way they sound when I read them out loud in my head, and I like the word "gone" and all that's contained, all the possibilities, within those four letters, that one syllable.  I like when getting-ahead-on-my-homework turns into working-on-my-nanowrimo-despite-the-fact-that-November's-long-over.  I like watching people when their heads are down, narrating their lives in my mind, writing them into my stories.  I like finding Paris metro tickets in my jacket pockets, scattered across my desk, dresser, bathroom counter.

There's a business card on my desk that someone handed me at the Book Festival yesterday.  It says, "The Finding" in big green letters and there's a picture a girl on a dragon.  The woman who handed it to me was wearing a shirt that said, "do you speak oescienne?" and I though she was a representative from some kind of new-age religion - "find yourself!"  But now I'm looking at the card more closely, and it's a fantasy novel.  Oh, right, cause dragons aren't real.

Do you ever read song lyrics and then get the song stuck in your head?  "It's a sailor in a new port every night."  It's alright this time though, because that song has beautiful lyrics.  I always forget about the Fray - they get pushed out of my daily listening but always remain in my favorites.  And then I listen to them again and remember why I loved them in the first place.  Beautiful lyrics.

Right now I'm feeling the need for 26 hour days.  Realistically I'd use those hours for sleeping - but just imagine all the studying I could get done. Three APs is too much for me - I'm overwhelmed with all the information and I have no idea what I should be focusing on.  Next year's going to be even worse.

But for now - it's only a few more weeks.  Then freedom, sort of.  I'm saying that too much lately - "after the APs..."  After the APs can I go back to France? 



PS Gold stars to Michael, the only person who ever reads my blog.  :)   

1 quirky quips:

Briana Lee | April 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Three AP's are tough for me too! But at least half of our classes will be more relaxed after the next few weeks. (:

PS I read your blogs too, but sporadically.