Watch from a distance just to see you glow
Can I just, like, quit school, please? I miss my friends. I haven't scene three-quarters of my friends in nearly two weeks. I miss going to bed at 9 and getting 9 hours of sleep and reading novels, not AP review books. I miss lying on the floor and staring up at the ceiling because I have absolutely nothing else to do.Pandora keeps playing Jack Johnson. My John Green bobble head is staring at me accusingly, wondering why I'm not studying. My room really needs to be cleaned. I have that about-to-cry feeling in the back of my throat. I hate hate hate this. Sometimes I want to kick tumblr for not spitting out enough depressing crap into my dashboard. Cute stuff does not apply right now.
Speaking of prom, not that we were or anything, but anyhow - prom is stupid. I've developed this whole hatred of the classic American high school experience - the school spirit and the cheerleaders and the sneaking in the bedroom window and the prom dress shopping and the cliques. But then - this is part of the whole experience, isn't it - feeling like you don't fit in, feeling like no one understands you, feeling like you're on the outside of it all?
I got into a fight with my mom today. She was whining at me, and I told her to stop whining, and she said that I whine at her all the time and she doesn't rudely tell me to stop. And then she said that she has too much in her head right now too, and I didn't say anything but what I wanted to say is that - my future's at stake, almost. The future I want, where I want to go to school, what I want to do as an adult - it all depends on those letters on my report card, the numbers I get in the mail from College Board. I hate how much all of this matters.
I just want to be done.
Figures: Pandora is playing Dashboard Confessional. What's next, Death Cab?
PS Something funny I heard today: "That drawing's so bad, my sister could've done it. And she's nonexistant, so that's saying something."
1 quirky quips:
Natasha, this made me smile. And don't worry... We are SO close!
Post a Comment