Please don't drive me home tonight

This is the kind of day that makes me wish I had a giant sweater.  I want to put on my giant sweater and ride the train off to Hogwarts, where I will drink hot chocolate because butter beer sounds gross and watch the snow fall.  I'm sure at Hogwarts the weather is consistent and doesn't go from 90 degrees one day to overcast and raining the next.  Also at Hogwarts everyone is British.  Therefore, it is infinitely better than my school. 

So right now I'm sitting here, criss-cross-applesauce, in my pink star-print pajama pants, listening to Michelle Branch and feeling nostalgic for I don't know exactly what.  Can you be nostalgic for something that hasn't happened yet, something that might never happen?  I miss the way it feels to watch "10 Things I Hate About You" and spill popcorn all over the floor and fall asleep on top of my sleeping bag with the tv still on.  I miss looking forward to my 11th birthday and the letter I hoped would come by owl post.  I miss the feeling that things couldn't be any better.

Also, I really want to finish my fricking novel.  Stupid school/college apps/stress/etc.  

0 quirky quips: