It's been the same, same and the story's getting old

Matilda was one of my childhood role models because (a) she loved books, (b) she had magical powers, (c) she wore hair bows, and (d) she did whatever the hell she wanted even though the evil principal locked her in a dark closet full of pointy things.  I really wish I had the confidence to wear hair bows.  But I have this fear, totally irrational and ridiculous, of anything that makes me seem like younger.  I always feel more immature than everyone around me, uglier, et cetera.  But I'm sure Matilda wouldn't.  I guess I'm adding her to my list of people to channel in my attempts to overcome my introvertedness, despite that I think that changing your personality type is totally impossible.       

So people I'm channeling:  Matilda, Miley Cyrus, Rachel Bilson, hayleyghoover, Nikita, Wendy the Good Witch, et cetera.  I don't want to be someone else exactly, but I want to be a different version of myself.  A mix of my current outer self and my inner self, and a mix of what I envy in others.  I want to be a cocktail of a person, unpredictable but reliable and crazy but in a good way, et cetera.   

0 quirky quips: