Somewhere down down down in the ocean
I am typing this from my new macbook pro, which is really nice and all, but also frustrating because I don't have a mouse for it and also because I don't know where the spaces go in its name and I'm not sure which letters to capitalize. But the keys make a really satisfying clicking sound when I type. Today I woke up to the lovely banging that meant that our solar panels aren't finished being installed yet, and I had cocoa crispies for breakfast, watched several episodes of "Bones" like I apparently do whenever I have a spare moment, and had lunch with Briana. I meant to read all day today, but that didn't work out. I came home from lunch and there was a brand new shiny computer that needed setting up, and then we went out to dinner and came home and watched some tv that Gilly wanted to watch before she leaves for camp tomorrow.My mom is taking some classes later this week to renew her law license degree whatchamacallit, so I've got the house to myself Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. There is so much I want to do: finish The Help, work on the grad presents for my friends that I've been not working on in favor of my Wreck this Journal, go through my documents and decide which ones I want to transfer to my laptop, clean my room (including my closet and dresser and overflowing bookshelf), watch the final episode of the "Vampire Diaries", go to the library (which is closed on Thursday), write and write and write, install my sister's webcam, etc., etc., etc. So why do I feel like I'll probably just sleep late and watch "Bones"? I have a car and it needs an oil change and I have a credit card and I could go anywhere I want (anywhere that I can get without taking the freeway anyhow) and yet I want to stay home and watch "Bones" and clean. There is something wrong with me.
This is the first year in a long time that Gillian is going to camp and I haven't hidden notes in all of her socks. I hope she's not expecting it because there's really no feasible way I could at this point, since her bags are all in her room and I can't really sneak in there while she's sleeping. And there's no way I'm getting up at 6 tomorrow to hide them while she's in the shower. Maybe I'll just write her a nice letter and tuck it in the top of one of the bags while she's not looking. I'm going to miss her next year. I hope she's going to be okay. She's so much smarter than me. I hope she'll be fine.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment