We are alive
I got back from New York City last night. While I was there, I saw "Arcadia" on Broadway and it was fantastic and I'm really lucky that my mom can afford to take me across the country to see plays and museum exhibits that really are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. And I went to the Met and I stood face to face with one of Van Gogh's self portraits, and I really do love them. There's something so familiar about the idea that he didn't have any models but so had to paint, needed to, so he painted himself. And I saw Starry Night at the MOMA - I didn't even know it was there. I just turned a corner and there was a big crowd of people and there it was. The colors are so vibrant even after so many years and standing there looking at it, I totally understood why it's considered his best painting, his masterpiece. It gets inside you and makes your heart hurt.Today I went to Jen's grad party, where I ate way too much even though I wasn't hungry and sat in the sun and it was fun. Tomorrow I think we're seeing "Super 8" because we've been talking about it for a while, and I think I'm cleaning and I really have no obligations this summer and that's kind of exciting.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment