Part 1

Here's why I hate high school.

It's cliched. It's a John Hughes movie but instead of ending it just keeps on going. You have to want to be like everyone else or else something's wrong with you. You have to want that happy ending and you have to wear Ambercrombie even if you don't know how to spell it and you have to always always always complain about the food unless it's pizza or someone else's mother made it. Or else you have to be different, but in that cool hipster sort of way that's so weird it's fashionable. And if you're that, you have to make it look effortless, you have to be fashionable without trying, you have to wear your dirty converse and preach your indie gospel.

If you're in the first category, you have to always be peppy and happy and you have to be witty and collect lots of facebook friends. If you're in the second category, you also have to be witty, but your facebook page has to convey a i-don't-care-screw-conformity attitude. So you shouldn't fill out the info boxes on your profile page, you should use really artsy profile pictures, and you should limit your statuses to either really funny things you randomly think of because you're just fabulous, or undecipherable song lyrics.

But no matter what you do, you have to have amazing friends to back you up all the way, because no matter who you are, people are going to judge you. And as hard as you try, you can't just not care what other people think. That's stupid movie crap, because teenagers, no matter what, they care. And that sucks, because you're going to get hurt and good friends are hard to find and harder to keep and sometimes nothing makes sense and you end up writing long rambling blog posts with lots of conjuctions.

Also I hate the homework. But that's beside the point.

4 quirky quips:

Alison | December 14, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Preach.

i love this.

Alison | December 14, 2009 at 9:24 PM

and i love you <3

Anonymous | December 15, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I also love this.

Especially when you go on about Abercrombie (Yeah, I had to think about spelling it.) and converse. That's so true!

Jess | January 2, 2010 at 1:37 AM

At my school, it's the Abercrombie and Hollister jocks/preps who have the same haircuts vs. Hot Topic theater kids/emos who only wear skinny jeans and have the same haircuts. I agree with you completely about high school. It's so shallow. No matter what side you're on, you're being forced to conform in some way. Plus everyone expects you to grow up and find yourself, but how can you find yourself when no one lets you BE yourself? It's insane. I love the way you worded this blog. The last few months have been so hectic for me and I'm so glad I have time to read blogs again.