Winter break, finally

Tomorrow morning I'm getting up and cleaning the kitchen, scrubbing the counters, everything. Then a bunch of people are coming over and we're making cookies, cookies cookies. Then I'm cleaning the kitchen head-to-toe again. I like cleaning, sort of. At least, I like when things are clean.

This week at school was hell. But again, (and I'm sure I'll keep saying this) I shouldn't be complaining because it was my choice to take all these ridiculous classes. But I hate this. I hate school right now. I've never exactly liked school, and this isn't as bad as a few years ago when I actually seriously dreaded going to school... but I feel like if I liked my classes, the entire experience of junior year would be so much better. And instead, it's project after project, pointless assignment after pointless assignment.

And on top of that - I just feel like everything is sort of intensified this year, because we're all so stressed and running on so little sleep and stretched so thin that our emotional balances are all out of wack. I'm having issues with my friend right now, or lack thereof, etc. And it seems like "I'm really busy" or "I have a lot of homework" are really overused excuses right now.

I am so, so, so ready for this break. Three days in Portland, lots of sleep, seeing my friends. Hopefully catching up on tv and reading and... I just miss not having that constant nagging feeling that I need to be doing something. And it's totally gone right now, because I know that I don't have to go to school on Monday. That's an amazing feeling.

So moving on. I really dislike facial hair on high school guys. It just, like, freaks me out. I'm not even sure if this is something I can explain. It also freaks me out whenever I see anyone I know or have seen around school driving a car. It's probably some psychological aversion to growing up or something like that. But I'd rather hang out with Peter Pan than with some bearded guy any day.

Anyhow. I spent this evening at my friend's house pre-baking for tomorrow. Then I came home and my dad and I rifled through the fridge for a few minutes before deciding there wasn't any food in the house. He made me a grilled cheese, with actual cheese - all we ever have is American cheese, in its little pre-wrapped slices, but we had an actual block of cheddar. Then I went on skype for a bit with Dynahlee.

And now I should probably go to sleep. Happy winter break!

2 quirky quips:

Anonymous | December 19, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Woo, WINTER BREAK.
I have still three days left but I'll eventually be on break.
That feeling of nothing to do must be great.

And cookies! Yum.

Briana Lee | December 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM

But you like it when I drive right?