Here are all the reasons why I should shut the hell up

So just quit complaining Natasha, why don't you?


1. My family is fine. My dad has a job and my mom doesn't but she doesn't need one. We're fine and I can pay for college just fine and being fine is something that a lot of families aren't right now.

2. My parents are normal. Well, somewhat - my dad's a weirdo, but that's a genetic tendency that I suppose I've got too. But my parents don't ground me for no reason and they drive me where I want to go and they get me nice Chanukah presents and they're not divorced and they don't have restraining orders against each other.

3. I have never broken a bone or been in a car accident or had my house broken into or had a friend die or been in danger of starvation or watched my country fall apart in the aftermath of an earthquake.

4. I have amazing friends in my neighborhood and at my school, and I have amazing friends that live on the other side of the country. But the thing is, as of this moment, none of them are going anywhere.

5. There are things in this world that I completely and totally love. And luckily all of these are things that I have access to, partly because of the above four things.

6. I don't need expensive jeans or three hundred facebook friends or a boyfriend or a tiny butt to feel like I belong or fit in or whatever. I like myself the way I am, and there aren't a lot of teenage girls that can say that.

7. I am easily entertained and rarely bored and can get things done when I want to. I can pass tests without studying and am not in danger of failing classes or getting held back or being forced to spend my life working in McDonald's.

8. I am young. And I'm healthy, despite how much I don't exercise. I'm not dying anytime soon. That's something I don't treasure enough.

9. I think I'm an interesting person. Right? If you're a someone and you've read this far, then I must be interesting to at least some extent, and that's something I should be proud of.

10. I'm happy. Not every minute, not all the time, but for the most part, I'm happy. I know that I have things to be grateful for, and that makes me happy. I know that I have people to love and people that love me, and that makes me happy. And being happy, that just makes me happy.

2 quirky quips:

Briana Lee | January 13, 2010 at 9:13 PM

You are amazing, Natasha. Beautiful in so many ways. (:

Alison | January 13, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Lovely post. It's true- life is pretty good.

UM BUT THAT PICTURE IS HUGE.

hahaha