If you see her, say hello
rater - to miss/fails'en sortir - to manage/get out of
les voleurs - thieves
enlever - to remove
il s'etait mis a courir - he had begun to run
ils etaients endormis- they were asleep
je n'en reviens pas! - i can't believe it!
ca me donne envie de - that makes me want to...
la patrie - homeland
les fruits de mer - sea food
un bruit - a noise
raccrocher - to hang up
ils ont eu de la chance - they had luck
ne vous en faites pas - don't worry about it
je vous en prie - you're welcome
un tas de bonnes choses - a pile of good things
la peau - the skin
je m'en vais - i'm leaving/going away
ainsi que - as well as
d'ailleurs - by the way, besides, moreover
a moitie mange - half eaten
n'importe comment - in any manner, by any means
pieds-nus - barefoot
ajouter - to add
la batterie - the drums
Does that count as studying? Those are the words off of the list that I sort of don't know. But hopefully I know them better now, because I just typed them up. Ugh, school. Go away.
Apparently I've gone back to random titles that have nothing to do with anything. And rambly blog posts with no point, although maybe I've been doing that all along. To continue: my mom and my little sister are watching "American Idol" downstairs and I can hear the screechy voices of the auditioners all the way up here in my room. And now my dad has come upstairs and is watching something else in his room, and I can hear that too.
I'm having a lot of trouble with City of God by EL Doctorow, which I'm supposed to be reading for English right now. I have to write a 6-to-12 page paper on it by next Thursday, and I'm barely 50 pages in. It's just like me to pick something that's way over my head and doesn't have any SparkNotes and wait til the last minute and not be able to switch to a different book. And 6-to-12 pages is a lot of pages. If I don't finish the book by the end of this weekend I don't know how I'm going to finish at all. And why am I sitting here doing this right now instead of reading?
And now I just got distracted by tumblr and pictures of pretty dresses and Harry Potter characters and David Tennant. I have no life.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment