You know the day destroys the night, night divides the day

I guess I'm superstitious, because this afternoon Gracie attacked the Knowledge Sticks that Ms. Grimshaw gave me, and tore off the little note that says, "I know you'll all do well" from the sparkly-twist-tie-star-covered-string, and when my mom found her on the floor of my room with the Ziploc between her paws, I started crying.  My first thought was, that's a horrible omen, I'm going to fail.

But really, it's okay.  She didn't actually eat the licorice.  The bag just looks kind of dusty now, as Michael would say.  I sharpened the pencils and put them in my pencil case with my other three pencils and 4 pens.  I'm ready for this thing.  I hope.

Also, something I've been thinking about - there's this freshman in one of my classes, and from talking to him and eavesdropping on his conversations with other people in that class, I've decided that he has to be one of the smartest people I know.  Not smart like book smart, or street smart - but just, I don't know, aware.  He knows more about history than I do despite the fact that I've taken zillions of hours of it in school the past two years, he's got an amazing hold on politics and current events, and even when he's saying he doesn't know what's going on, it sounds intelligent.  And that completely amazes me, because I go to a different class and there are some of the most immature 17 year old guys I've ever met, guys who embarrass all other teenagers just by existing.  People blow my mind.

Something else that blows my mind:  how little I've accomplished in the last half hour.  I read in one of my mom's magazines that procrastination can actually lead to efficiency.  Yeah, right.    

0 quirky quips: