It's just like you to come and go

So tonight I've been thinking a lot, which I guess I do every day, about being an individual, and how it seems like as hard as I try I can never be totally different from everyone else, because there are other girls out there who are interested in art history and "Doctor Who" and song lyrics and want to be writers. 

I hate saying that - "I want to be a writer."  It sounds so trite and presumptuous.  Why can't I be a writer right now?  My English teacher was saying something about that the other day - "stop saying you want to be a writer, and just do it."  Nike - just do it.

Anyhow - maybe that's a good thing.  Maybe I'm the sort of person that has to have someone around to connect with. Maybe I can't handle being totally alone, totally separated from the crowd.  I've definitely struggled with that in the past.

I guess this is all coming out of thinking about college, about how I'm going to present myself as a well-rounded individual who has an actual life and actual hobbies and actual interests.  I pretty much live in the internet.  I can't help but think that getting in to college is going to be a lot simpler for jocks with decent grades, because they have an obvious extracurricular.  And I basically want to be a professional student. 

Gahh.  The future scares me.  Especially when it involves me driving.   

0 quirky quips: