Band on the run
So (10 years in the future-ish) if it turns out that I'm a horrible novelist and I have to resign myself to doing something else (although hopefully I'll love whatever it is and it won't feel like resigning), I'm going to write fan fiction. Because when you're using someone else's characters, you don't have to create them and characterize them. You're only expanding on what's already been written. Which is something that I've learned now, as I've basically descended into full-blown fan fiction addiction. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised. This is how I get with everything - books, tv shows, even writing, occasionally. I'm sure it'll subside eventually.Right now I'm trying to type this using only the pads of my fingers because my nails are wet. This color is called "calming cocoa" and while it looks brown on my nails, it really does look pinkish in the bottle. So suffice to say (what a funny expression) I'm feeling kind of deceived by it. My head is itchy. When I'm old and rich I'm going to have a hand dryer set-up to dry my nails quickly for me, so I don't have to worry about getting pieces of my hair stuck.
It makes me laugh that Hermione's parents have different names in every piece of fan fiction I've read. Canon is such a funny thing. And I don't remember anything about wards in the 7th book either, but they're turning up everywhere. The same with Astoria Greengrass.
I'm awfully boring tonight, aren't I?
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment