We are all the same underneath the sycamore
I've been thinking about the idea of mind over matter and if you switch your wedding ring to your right finger before you sleep with somebody else, are you still cheating? I mean, obviously you are. But what if you convince yourself that you're not cheating, believe it so much that in your eyes it's true? I guess that doesn't matter though, if you can't convince anyone else. I've been thinking in theoretical terms a lot lately. But that's not really new, is it? I guess I've always done that.And the other thing that I've been thinking about - changing; college; changing at college. Letting change come naturally vs. forcing myself so out of my comfort zone in order to change that I don't have any fun at all. Making friends; how to do that; if I shouldn't force it; if it's bad that I'm yawning at 7 o'clock; if it's bad that I really miss my little sister; if maybe I shouldn't be writing any of this here. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow. Or at the very least, Monday, when classes start and I have more important things to think about. Or at least other things to think about.
I really want to talk to my mom right now but I know I shouldn't. I shouldn't I shouldn't I shouldn't. I feel like Rory Gilmore during her first night at Yale when she made her mom sleep on the floor of her dorm room. Something that's going to sound bad no matter how I phrase it: I know my mom would never do that for me.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment