The boy's gone home

3:30 PM
Yee gads.  This is complicated.

4:57 PM
If I don't take the initiative, no one will.  If I don't step forward with a plan, nothing will get planned.  If I don't set the dates and times, then nothing will be official.  If I don't organize the rides, then no one will be at the right place at the right time.  I hate that.

I'm not doing this anymore.  Someone else can plan.  I'll sit at home for the rest of my high school career without a social life.  When you're the one in charge, then you're the one who has to take the blame when something goes wrong.  You're the one who has to accept everyone else's anger.  You're the one who has to come up with a solution that makes everyone happy.  I don't want to be the person that has to deal with all that.  Not anymore.

I want to say that this is out of my hands; things are the way they are and there's nothing I can do about it.  But I could do something.  Unfortunately, no matter what I do, someone is going to be upset.  Probably two someones.  And that count doesn't include me.   And because of that, I don't want to do anything. 

I've officially relinquished my duty as group event planner.  Someone else can have it.  How do people do this for a living and stay sane?

5:25 PM
Ellie:  I think you  should start wearing turbans.
Me:  What?  Why?
Ellie:  I like turbans.  I'll wear one with you. 
Me:  Do you have voldemort on the back of your head?

5:28 PM
My suction-cup leprachaun from Ireland just popped off of my mirrored closet door.  It's now lying on the ground, flat on its back, looking dejected and dead. 

5:41 PM
Ellie:  Our feathers will let us fly.

5:51 PM
Well then.

7:35 PM
Listening to Jason Mraz.  Wishing he could fix everyone elses' problems too.  Hoping he plays all my favorite songs on Saturday.  Wondering what's wrong with the CD player in Michael's car.  Thinking it's too early to go to sleep.

9:20 PM
Still not being the event planner anymore.

0 quirky quips: