A mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you
I've been feeling the need to scream the phrase, "none of your beeswax!" at the top of my lungs lately. I'm nosy - I know that I'm nosy - but I try to be subtly nosy. I learn things I shouldn't know by eavesdropping, therefore maintaining my cover as a little innocent girl who sits quietly hidden from the teacher. But there is also the other kind of nosy - the peak-through-the-blinds, "whatcha doing?", leaning-over-your-shoulder sort of nosy people. And that's the sort of nosy person that drives me insane.Take, for example, this conversation that occurred in English class last week.
Me: Hey Ryan, where's my note?
Ryan: Oh, it's in my locker. Should I go get it?
Me: Yes please.
Personwho'snotpartoftheconversation: What note?
Me: *explains entire story of note to Personwho'snotpartoftheconversation to avoid being rude while secretly desiring to scream NONE OF YOUR BEESWAX*
Another instance of nosiness from English class.
Me: *sitting at desk before the bell rings writing on a piece of paper*
Personwhoisuninvolved: What are you doing? Do we have a quiz today? Why are you using purple pen?
Me: There's no quiz today. *None of your beeswax, go away.*
And one final example.
Actually, this one isn't a conversation. It's an instance of new-sticker-on-my-binder because people have this strange inclination to touch my stuff. Go away, stuff-touchers. Touch someone else's stuff.
Okay, maybe the issue here is my English class. I love my English class, really. But maybe the atmosphere is too relaxed. It is not okay to come up to my desk and start pawing through my binder without asking me because you need paper. I don't like people to stand that close to me. Apparently I'm slightly claustrophobic, and people-phobic. Also driver's license-phobic and old people-phobic, but that's a whole nother story.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment