I don't want to sit on the pavement while you fly
If I were Emma Woodhouse I would say, "what a delightful evening!" although in all honestly, there was nothing particularly special about it. I just spent a few hours with my momsy watching the first part of PBS's new version of Jane Austen's "Emma." I really love Jane Austen.This afternoon we went to a little teeny tiny theater in Pasadena to see a musical called "Wisdom 2116," which was written by Ray Bradbury. We arrived really early, and that turned out to be a good thing, because Ray Bradbury was there speaking. So I stood at the back of the room for 45 minutes while he talked. I hope I live that long, and that I'll someday have that many stories to tell someday. After he finished speaking, there was this crazy slow-motion shuffle as everyone smushed back out into the lobby. My mom bought a couple of his books and then he signed them for us. And then everyone smushed back into the theater for the show, which was really short and really strange but really cool. (Although the entire time I was sort of holding my breath - I'm pretty sure my sister was the youngest person in the room, and my mom was also on the young side.)
Tomorrow I'm going shopping - yes, back to Forever 21. My mom's already told me not to buy too much though. And with that in mind, I probably won't buy anything. I'm such a goody-two-shoes when it comes to that - I won't buy anything unless I know my mom will approve it. It's going to be horrendous when I'm shopping for my own house one day.
Hey, you know what? I should go to bed early tonight. Yup, I should really do that.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment