In which I overanalyze my social life

I'm going to bed right now, literally right now.  Well, actually in about four minutes, approximately.  But I have my retainers in already and everything!  When I don't blog for a day or two, I feel like I'm getting out of habit, and if I go much longer without blogging then I'll never blog again. 

Anyhow. 

I feel like my friendships have been shifting over the past few weeks (although I think since I'm a teenager my friendships are always going to be shifting).  I'm never really specific when I talk about my friends in my blog because I know that some of them read it (hello!) or at least pretend to read it, so I can't really contrast what I'm thinking now with what I was thinking over the summer or even back in September or October because I don't remember and I haven't really logged it in my blog.  Maybe I should go the Kate route and use nicknames?  Then I'll just confuse myself beyond measure.

Oh well.

So Shirley Temple and I have become a lot closer in the past few weeks, which is really weird, because for the past few months or so, since maybe November, ST wasn't telling me something and I blew it up to be something huge and I started to feel like it was going to affect our friendship permanently.  But that's just one of those instances of me overreacting and me being too sensitive, and in the end (although that phrase is sort of final, and this isn't really final) we've actually grown closer.  (Also I would like to note for posterity that from ST I learned - indirectly - the art of note-folding.)  That's not specific at all.  

Then there's Deathly Hallows, furthermore to be known as DH, who I seem to never see, and then all of a sudden she'll call me one night and it'll be like I just talked to her at lunch.  But then when I do see her at lunch, she and Australia behave totally normally and somehow I still feel like the outsider.  That's me being too sensitive again.  I wish I were Franklin the Turtle and I could just crawl inside my shell and hide and let things bounce off of me instead of being hurt by everything that hits me.   

And X-Ray (I don't know how long this nickname will last because of its Holes connotations) has this way of oversimplifying things and sending one-word text messages that makes me want to rip my hair out.  But then she can somehow make me feel better when I feel like everything I do pisses someone off, and she can get Barney to leave without offending him when he starts to give me a migraine. 

I just totally failed at the bed-in-four-minutes thing.  I really should go to sleep now.  More nicknames to be handed out tomorrow, unless my homework suddenly piles up. 

1 quirky quips:

Briana Lee | February 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Hahaha i love you.