I fell down off every wall I ever built
I finished All the King's Men today, which is kind of remarkable considering how long it took me to read the first half of the book. Also I got my hair cut and discovered that my car has a tendency to head to the right when I don't want it to, which my dad fixed and was due to low tire pressure and not political tendencies.And I've been thinking about community, specifically Nerdfighteria, and how every community has its goods (which I really think shone through today) and its bads, despite pretending the bads don't exist. I guess that's how everything is, really. We highlight the good stuff and ignore the bad, push it aside, make it taboo to talk about, think about. I think maybe that's why I blog. There's something appealing in having control over what's said because I'm the one saying it and there's no one there to judge it. And if there is then I can just say, if you don't like what you're reading then don't read it anymore. I think that's a right we don't take advantage of enough. If we don't like what we're doing, then why don't we just stop doing it?
Tonight's a rambly night, I suppose. Not a JD Salinger night, but a night in which words don't really work the way they're supposed to and sleep is unappealing and my plant is wilting in its pot over on my dresser. Also a night in which "what the hell am i talking about" is a very relevant tag.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment