Hold me close my tiny dancer

I got my permit this afternoon.  It was one of the scariest experiences of my life.  The DMV is like an airport, with a zillion things going on at once, and if you somehow do something you're not supposed to you can get arrested.  And I literally could not understand what the man who was giving me directions was saying.  It was confusing and complicated and there were people everywhere.  And my picture - I look like a convict.  I'm not exactly sure what happened there.

Tomorrow I'm going to finish my history outline in the morning.  Before lunch.  Well, hopefully before lunch.  But probably more like 3 in the afternoon.  But then I will have all Sunday to do my physics lab and work on the Hamlet questions I've been procrastinating.  And then Jason Mraz.  I am so excited for this, I can't even describe it.

Here's something that I've been thinking about lately:  A few days ago, a guy that I know from elementary school added me as a friend on facebook.  He currently goes to the art school that I was supposed to go to beginning sophomore year.  It's sort of weird for me - like, that whole situation with switching schools and then not switching schools and my mom making me see a shrink and still not switching schools was just so weird and almost painful that I've almost just pushed the entire thing out of my head.  I don't regret the decision that I made at all, but it's so strange to see this kid's pictures (and farmville notices) come up in my news feed.  It makes me think about how different everything would've been if I had gone through with it. 

Things that made me smile this week:
1. We watched another one of those videos in art history today.  This one was on Jacques-Louis David.  The narrator is British and dramatic and it just makes me happy.
2. Alison and I spent way to long on this today, laughing and voicing our amazement at what gets created on the internet.
3. This guys in my math class - stupid sophomores, athletes - told us this ridiculous story concerning their near-arrest last weekend when they decided it would be intelligent to speed through the neighborhood upon seeing a cop car driving behind them.  Last night I was reading the local paper and saw a mention of it in the crime section.  "Juveniles detained on suspicion of shooting paint balls at a house."


To bed with me now?  Maybe.

1 quirky quips:

Briana Lee | February 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Permit?! Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! And I agree with you, the DMV is so lifeless.