All around the ripples rock the boat

I just used this new straightening thing on my hair and it smelled rather strange and I think it might've changed the color of my hair, which is fine I guess since it looked just as funny before, and now that I'm looking at it, I've realized that I don't really like wearing my hair straight very much anyway because it looks weird.  This thing is supposed to last seven shampoos, if I blow dry it every time I wash it, and I think I can push that to a week and a half at least, which means I can get ready a lot faster in the morning, which I suppose is good.

My mom just pulled an ee cummings book out of the attic for me, and it has this inscription on the inside.  It's so bizarre to think of someone buying my dad a poetry book, and it's bizarre to think that my parents had people in their lives that would buy them poetry books.  I guess it's just bizarre to think that they have pasts, that they were seventeen once.

I guess the good thing about being seventeen, about being any age really, is that you're only that age once.

  

0 quirky quips: