Making new resolutions a hundred times
As much as I love my extended relatives, I don't really like all of them, and I don't want tomorrow to happen because I don't want to have to keep talking about college and where I'm applying and why I'm not applying to Yale and Hah-vahd and and I don't want to hear talk about Korea and Obama and I don't want someone to spill wine on me again. I hate being the oldest grandchild, the one who has to chase around the little kids (the youngest is four, he can watch over himself now, can't he?) and who has to have her bat mitzvah first and apply to college first and set the best example for the rest of the kids. The only thing I like about Thanksgiving is sweet potatoes, and the only thing I like about Chanukah is latkes.But it's nearly December and it's nearly Chanukah and winter break and San Francisco, and then it will be 2011, which means my birthday and graduation, or graduation and my birthday, as the order doesn't really matter since they're the same day, and then hopefully the NKOTBSB concert and the Taylor Swift concert and then I'm leaving for college, wherever that may be. I like thinking in segments like that, breaking the year up into parts. It makes things seem like they're going faster than they actually are, makes it seem like I don't still have JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMay before I get to graduation and my birthday.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment