And I walk home as the sun goes down

Tonight I went to open-mic night at school, which was fun, I guess, and I'm glad I went because I've been meaning to go to one for a while.  Then I drove home in the dark, which is really scary, and now I'm watching Taylor Swift's AMA (or maybe CMA, I really don't know) performance out of the corner of my eye and dreading filming tomorrow and worrying about college apps, just like always.  College apps are like this giant rain cloud that's looming closer and closer and soon it's going to erupt right over my head.

I am absolutely freezing right now.  I've been cold all day, as a matter of fact.  I'm not sure if it's because I wasn't wearing enough layers, or because of just how this morning went - I almost feel like I'm descending into this kind of numb state of... numbness?  Second period was horrid today.  It's been a long time since I've felt that urgent need to just be somewhere else.  All I wanted was to not be there, not be listening to her talk about how great she is and how everyone else is horrible to her.  What she was saying had absolutely nothing to do with me - but it's so hard for me to take it as she tears other people down to build herself up, because it's exactly what she did to me. 

Next year I want to get far, far away from her and all the other people who can't be bothered.  That is what college means to me - real human beings, real people, real friends.  

0 quirky quips: