Quietly we assume
I'm listening to Skye Sweetnam right now, and I still know all the words to all her songs, and I think I may need to find her cd (I'm pretty sure I have the physical cd; hello 2004) and put it in my car. One of my favorite things about driving to school every day is listening to whatever I want and singing along, which I do even though it bugs my sister, because it's my car and I'm driving and I feel it's my right. I don't like parking, or other teenage drivers. or clueless parents in the wrong parking lot after school, but I like having my car keys in my bag and knowing that because they're there, I don't have to rely on my mom for a ride home.It's nearly Chanukah, and despite my general distaste for any and all holidays, I actually like Chanukah, which I think is just because I like latkes and I like the way wrapped presents look before they're opened and I like that's it's weather-appropriate to wear boots every day, even though right now I'm liking my high-tops more and more. It's not winter break yet but I'm already dreaming about it - there's an exhibition of paintings from the Musée d'Orsay in San Francisco, and I want to go, because the exhibition includes some of my favorite Van Goghs, and I guess I've decided he's my favorite, even though he's everyone's favorite, because I really do love him. And the MOMA has a whole thing of Paul Klee prints, and Matisse and Braque, and I just really love modern art.
The more art I see, the more I want to learn about it. I want to move into an artist's colony and write about artists and their paintbrushes and their thoughts and what color socks they wear, and I want to write a book and take photographs and travel around the world and do something different. But I can't help but think that isn't that what everyone wants - to do something different? And if we all want that, then how can any of us actually do it?
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment