Feels like I'm starting again, the last three years were just pretend

Either I've failed my NaNoWriMo novel, or it's failed me, but in any case I think I'm putting it to rest, because as much as I enjoy writing just for the sake of writing, my plot was sloppy and stupid and sappy and in all honesty, I don't know that I'm ever going to like anything that I write as much as I do what I started last November. 

But that will go nowhere too, because I have this huge difficulty balancing my desire to reconcile who I am with how others see me and my desire to reconcile who I am with how I see myself.  So as a result of that, everything I write has some facet of myself in it, just like I find a bit of myself in every novel or play or poem that I read, and so because of that I don't share what I write with anyone.  But I think that's okay, at least for right now.  I'm not afraid of disapproval really, or of criticism, but of misunderstanding, maybe.

I drove to the SAT today.  And then I drove home.  And later I drove to Target to drop off a roll of film, and then I drove home again.  I've loaded four cds into my car and set up my XM presets, and I have my car tissue box and my sunglasses in the cupholder and I guess it just all feels very permanent.  Freeing, and permanent.    

0 quirky quips: