And I'm so damn tired
Hi there.You don't know me. I guess I don't really know you either. I see you around sometimes, between classes or at lunch, and you remind me how much high school is... high school. We've got the quirky kids, the nerds, the cheerleaders, the drama geeks. The quiet ones who think they're being all deep with their blogs that no one reads.
Today disappointed me. It just made it clear to me that those stereotypes are true, the ones about high school and cliques and popular kids and not-so-popular kids. I feel like we're missing out on something, a sense of camaraderie, maybe, that our parents' generation had. Despite our tools of constant communication, we don't really know each other, we're so distant, segregated, almost. Our friendships are so different from the friendships that our parents formed however many years ago. A bad different, I think.
So I envy you, if you're one of those lucky ones who's managed to develop and keep close friendships despite stupid high school. And I think you have, because I think you're the sort of person who can keep the good ones around and the bad ones away.
Anyhow, I want to say that I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you, but I don't think you mind too much. But that's an assumption - I make those a lot. Everyone does, I guess. Maybe that's the problem. We all assume we know each other, while we're all secretly thinking that we're so unique no one could ever understand. So in that way we're all the same.
But mostly I'm sorry that I'll never know you, or you or you or you, because we're all locked into the way things are now, the friends we have now, the lunch spots we've had since freshman year. So afraid to change, push people away, make new friends.

0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment