Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
I was in an absolutely terrible mood today.I felt like Alicia Silverstone's character in "Clueless" when she finally realizes that she's in love with her hot stepbrother-not-really-because-they-got-divorced, Josh, but it's too late because Brittany Murphy's character is in love with him too. Besides the fact that I'm not in love with my not-stepbrother, my life is one giant teen movie cliche.* I'm a cliche. Yee gads, I'm a cliche. I'm a stupid teenage girl who procrastinates on facebook and cares too much about what her hair looks like and cries over little things that don't matter at all and fangirls her favorite bands and has magazines all over the floor of her bedroom.
I felt like I used to in elementary school, when I'd wander away from my friends during recess to see if they'd notice I was gone. I was a weird, selfish little girl. And sadly, I don't think much has changed. It's all I, I, I and me, me, me. That's one of those stupid teenage girl cliches too - self-obsessed and self-righteous and ignorant. Not selfpossessed, because that's a good thing, despite the way it sounds.
I just told Megan about how it's a situation, and she said, "hopefully [he] isn't like the situation from Jersey Shore. I love that show. And Housewives of Orange County." Megan makes me smile on crappy days.**
I will stop biting my nails and picking at my cuticles. I WILL. I will? Yeah, okay. I will. Positivity, right? It's hard to be positive on Monday.
* I thought the end of that movie was very creepy. He was way to old for her. But I still love Jane Austen's Emma. And my life is also not like Alicia Silverstone's character's because I get good grades, am not blond, and am not going to end up with my hot older not-stepbrother. I might end up with 27 bridesmaids dresses and a hydroplaned car, though. (Also, I felt like I just found out my favorite love song was written about a sandwich. Since I'm working the chick flick references tonight.)
** I haven't used footnotes in a very long time. How retro of me.
0 quirky quips:
Post a Comment