Right back where we started from

I just watched 8 episodes of "The OC" in a row.  Well, okay, I took a twenty-minute break for dinner.  And there was the occasional commercial.  My love for this show has completely resurfaced.  But this time around I'm favoring Ryan over Seth, and I'm watching season 4 so I'm rooting for Ryan and Taylor.  It's the best stress reliever.  Despite having completed barely a tenth of my homework, I'm feeling accomplished and calm and better than I have all week.

So, yeah, a bad week.  But I only have another week and a half til France.  And I'm hoping that when I'm in France, away from everyone, from the internet and my computer and my cell phone, I can take a break from all this crap for a while.  I can surround myself in the French language and the history and the amazing art, and just forget about everything that's here.

Of course, I know that's not the best way to deal with my problems.  Yesterday night, though, that's all I wanted - to run away.  I'm glad my mom didn't let me.  Hiding from things doesn't make them go away.  I think I've reached that point where I'm making no sense.  I really should go to sleep.       

I love this picture.

1 quirky quips:

Briana Lee | March 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

I wish I could run away from all my crap come spring break. You're going to have such an amazing time in France, and I know you've heard that from me a billion times. But I'm just reiterating the truth. <3