You hold me down, you've got me living in the past
Sometimes people say amazing things to me and I have to write them down:
oh welll
you lost a friend
she lost a friend
i ate a friend
circle of life
This has been the worst week ever. I feel like I'm back in 8th grade, following the standard reactions to conflict:
1. Get defensive.
2. Get angry.
3. Run away and cry.
4. Think of all the things I should've said instead of getting defensive.
5. Cry some more.
"I say all the right things
At exactly the right time
But I mean nothing to you and I don't know why
And I don't know why."
At exactly the right time
But I mean nothing to you and I don't know why
And I don't know why."
-- "Everything You Want," Vertical Horizon
So why is it that my guy friends are giving me better advice than my mom and my girl friends right now?
Mom: I don't know what you should do.
Me: Thanks.
Mom: Let me think about it.
That's the scariest thing ever - when your mom won't tell you what to do, because she doesn't know herself.
I'm dragging everyone into this.
I'm sorry.
I wish I was Franklin the Turtle and I could just crawl into my shell and hide away from the world.
I should title this "look at her friends they're slowly edging away."
But I've used that one already.
Not sure I like this center alignment thing. What do you think?


1 quirky quips:
I hope everything's okay, Natasha.
Post a Comment