Secret dreams

I love watching the Oscars.  I've always had this secret desire to be a famous actress - not because of the fame and fortune, or because of the actual acting.  What's attractive to me is how tight-knit the industry is.  They're all family, and they all know each other, and when Sandra Bullock wins for Best Actress, she gets up there and dedicates her award to the other four fabulous nominees that didn't win.  They all just seem like such a fabulous bunch of people - George Clooney making faces at the camera and Stanley Tucci joking around with Meryl Streep.   

Obviously there's bad parts of the movie industry, too - the competition and standards of beauty and things of that nature.  But I'm not destined to be an actress, anyway.  If I do end up at the Oscars someday, I'll be the frantic one who cues commercials, or the silent one who directs people to their seats, or some non consequential thing of that nature.

Today I met with an SAT tutor.  He seems to think that my math score is not indicative of my true math abilities, which is a good thing, I suppose.  I absolutely hate testing.  It's so pointless, especially if it doesn't show your true intelligence anyway.  But my mom wants me to raise my score, and so I shall.  She also wants me to enter writing contests and go to writing camp so I can show colleges that I'm truly dedicated.  But I don't know if I'm truly anything - intelligent or dedicated.  We'll see how that goes.   

And I've now managed to get nail polish all over my hands.  On the palms of my hands.  That takes skill, if I do say so myself. 

0 quirky quips: